This website is my design and development portfolio, I will hope to demonstrate the scope of my work and skills. In the navigation I will create a student blog where I have collected some of the assignments I have completed. Further down this page you can find my CV in all its glory.
I’m currently studying Computing Systems part-time at Ulster University, Jordanstown. The modules have ranged from Human Computer Interactions to Object orientated programming with C++. I entered into the course with a lot of experience in programming already but it has taught me a lot more of the finer details you miss from w3schools or Codemy (though both excellent resources). I am finishing 4th year at the time of this entry (05/2020), I have one more year to go and I will have hopefully left University with a first. Grades are looking good. I hope to move into a web development or software engineering role, my course has given me the fundamentals of a great number of programming languages, and I’d like to specialize a bit for a while though in what I can’t say.
During my part-time course I have been running my family business BLC Landlord Services, for 8+ years I have helped build the business by securing work with some of the biggest Letting agencies and property managers in County Antrim, namely with Ulster Property Sales. I have several years experience as an electrician but I have gained experience in a few trades, now I can “flip” a house, my intention as a side project during a career in a computing discipline is to buy dilapidated houses and return them to a profitable and livable standard.
- Manager and website creator at BLC Landlord services 7+ years
- Web developer and Digital marketing executive at Greenville Electrical 1+ years
- Site operative and weighbridge operator at Irish Bitumen storage 1+ years
- Junior Developer at Underwaterpistol.com
- BSc Computing Systems (Part-time) – Ongoing
- Btec level 3 – Creative Computing (Triple Distinction)
- GCSE – Maths, Science and English – Grade C